Thursday, October 6, 2011

Illustration Friday-Maria-Hibernate

It's funny how art happens. I tell my daughter the word for this week and she kind of shrugs it off. Then out of nowhere she hands me a drawing that I don't think lives up to her potential. I scan it, and open it in Photoshop to darken it a bit so it stands out, and I think it looks amazing now because it now has a textured look in the background (I'm known to like rough pencil sketches more than finished projects). It's weird how you can change your mind about something when you look at it in a different light.

Hibernate
Maria-6-Colored Pencil


I really like how she signed her name inside of that rock. Fun!

May God Bless You,
Dad

Psalm 4:8

"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! PS you need to add your baby boy to your group at the top! :o)

    ReplyDelete